Goals & Achievements
- Balanced budgets – every year!
- Tripled the fund balance account!
- Kept town debt low – just 1.05% of bonding capacity!
- Expanded shared services – saving taxpayers millions of dollars!
- Expanded infrastructure with addition of 1.6 million water tank. Another tank is scheduled for next year.
- Established on-line tax payment for flexibility and convenience to taxpayers while reducing operating costs
- Improved parking and access to the Metro-North station
- Initiated on-line public accessibility to tax records.
- Established five day tax payment extensions for seniors
- Negotiated the lowest credit card processing fee in Westchester history
- Launched one-time payment plan for homeowners facing foreclosure
- New education facility for Seniors
- Hosted summer concerts at the riverfront
- Added Improvements to Town Pool with miniature golf and bathhouse scheduled for next summer
- Expanded youth center programs
- Upgraded and extended exercise trails
- Secured thousands of acres of protected open space
- Leading in the effort to redevelop Indian Point and to obtain property tax offsets
- Prevented barges from being anchored along our shores
- Promoted Solarize programs throughout Cortlandt
- Prevented Furnace Dock Lake from being drained by Con Edison
- Completed new award-winning Sustainable Comprehensive Plan for smart growth
- Stopped the “Buzz” electric converter station from coming to Cortlandt
- The town of Cortlandt has a proud tradition of honoring our Veterans and First Responders
- In fact, Cortlandt is the home of many First Responders who have chosen to live and raise families here.
- Home of the Montrose Veterans Administration, which we will continue to fight to keep in our community at its beautiful location on the Hudson River.
James F. Creighton
Mary E. Breining
Receiver of Taxes
Laroue Rose Shatzkin
Cortlandt Dems Leadership Team
Karen is the long time chairperson for the Cortlandt Democratic Committee. Karen is also a proud Democrat, union member and union leader.
First Name Last Name
This position is temporally vacant.
Cristin has an extensive background in public administration and finance. She’s lived in Cortlandt with her husband and two kids since 2012.
Dean is originally from Detroit and moved here with his wife in 1987. They now call Crugers (ED 5) in Cortlandt home. If we each do just a little we can accomplish much.