Es un gran momento para ser un demócrata, y la política local nunca ha sido más importante. Únete a nuestra coalición de residentes de Cortlandt que trabajan juntos para hacer nuestro pueblo y nuestro país un mejor lugar. Haz trabajo voluntario, brinda una donación. ¡Síguenos en los medios sociales, necesitamos tu pasión y tus ideas para adelantar nuestra causa!
Contribute to the Cortlandt Dems
Our candidates run as a cohesive slate, so your donation to our committee directly impacts our town wide campaigns, and allows our town to partner with allies in national, state, county and other local elections.
With your donation, we can do so much more. Thank you for your continued support.
Haz tu contribución a los Demócratas de Cortlandt
Estamos entusiasmados de poder continuar sirviendo a nuestra comunidad. El Comité Democrático de Cortlandt ha probado que estamos listos para dirigir nuestro pueblo hacia el futuro.
Nuestros candidatos se postulan para cargos políticos en una lista de candidatos cohesiva y unida, así que tu donación al comité impacta directamente nuestras campañas de todo el pueblo. También le permite a nuestro pueblo asociarse con aliados en elecciones nacionales, estatales, locales y del condado.
Con tu donación, podemos hacer mucho más. Gracias por tu apoyo continuo.
Goals & Achievements
- Balanced budgets – every year!
- Since 1990, low taxes less than 1% on average!
- Tripled the fund balance account!
- Kept town debt low – just 1.05% of bonding capacity!
- Expanded shared services – saving taxpayers millions of dollars!
- Expanded infrastructure with addition of 1.6 million water tank. Another tank is scheduled for next year.
- Established on-line tax payment for flexibility and convenience to taxpayers while reducing operating costs
- Improved parking and access to the Metro-North station
- Initiated on-line public accessibility to tax records.
- Established five day tax payment extensions for seniors
- Negotiated the lowest credit card processing fee in Westchester history
- Launched one-time payment plan for homeowners facing foreclosure
- New education facility for Seniors
- Hosted summer concerts at the riverfront
- Added Improvements to Town Pool with miniature golf and bathhouse scheduled for next summer
- Expanded youth center programs
- Upgraded and extended exercise trails
- Secured thousands of acres of protected open space
- Leading in the effort to redevelop Indian Point and to obtain property tax offsets
- Prevented barges from being anchored along our shores
- Promoted Solarize programs throughout Cortlandt
- Prevented Furnace Dock Lake from being drained by Con Edison
- Completed new award-winning Sustainable Comprehensive Plan for smart growth
- Stopped the “Buzz” electric converter station from coming to Cortlandt
- The town of Cortlandt has a proud tradition of honoring our Veterans and First Responders
- In fact, Cortlandt is the home of many First Responders who have chosen to live and raise families here.
- Home of the Montrose Veterans Administration, which we will continue to fight to keep in our community at its beautiful location on the Hudson River.
Meet our Trusted Leaders
James F. Creighton
Doctor Richard Becker
Mary E. Breining
Receiver of Taxes
Laroue Rose Shatzkin
Cortlandt Dems Leadership Team
Maria is a business owner, wife and mother of two girls in the Town of Cortlandt. She is a proud Democrat with a long history of service to our community.
Michael is husband and proud dad to two small children. He is a long time Democrat and a partner at a private public interest law firm where he works on securities and antitrust litigation.
Cristin has an extensive background in public administration and finance. She’s lived in Cortlandt with her husband and two kids since 2012.
Dean is originally from Detroit and moved here with his wife in 1987. They now call Crugers (ED 5) in Cortlandt home. If we each do just a little we can accomplish much.